My name is Tim Dickey and I am a retail technology consultant. I am based in Mississauga, ON and am employed by NCR Canada Ltd.
I have worked in technology since 1994 serving retail and telecommunications markets in financial and sales roles. I have experience with solutions including but not limited to customer service, database and ERP systems, software, self service, point of sale and mobile. I also spend more time online than offline, and am always looking for the latest and greatest gadgets and electronic devices.
This blog started as an internal e-mail to share information about current technology with my work colleagues and selected clients. My ultimate objective is to provide specific real world information and examples to understand current trends in technology and their impact on consumers and consumer facing organizations.
For full disclosure, I work for NCR Canada Ltd. Please note that all opinions, comments, and recommendations as well as errors and omissions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of NCR Canada Ltd or NCR Corporation. Links and posts are provided as information only and should not be taken as my recommendation for a product, service or organization.
If you are the owner of a site, and I have linked to your site or used an image against your desires, merely bring your concern to my attention, and I will remove the link or image.
- Canadian Business Franchise Magazine – September 2011 – Page 60 – Cash, Credit, Debit or Phone?
- Canadian Retailer – Summer 2011 – Page 51 – Technology Convergence – Connecting Retailers to their Customers Like Never Before.
- Macleans Magazine – August 2011 – The Long and Short of It – Eliminating Cashier Lineups Has Become the Holy Grail for Retailers
- StoreFront Backtalk – August 2011 – Coffee Currency? – Unintended Starbucks Mobile Perk
- Canadian Business Franchise – May 2011 – Page 66 – Matching Point of Sale Technology to Customer Needs
- Canadian Grocer - November 2010 - Front and Centre: Report on Emerging Technology
- CStore Canada – July/August 2010 – Page 11 – A Virtual, Integrated World
- StoreFront Backtalk – July 2010 – Sears $1.1 Million Wrong Price Penalty: No Simple Tech Fix- (subscription required)l also on CBS News
- Western Grocer – June 2010 – Page 78 – Self Service… Try It, You May Just Love It.
- Computer Dealer News – March 2010 - How the channel can play a role in “the store of the future”
- GlobalTV News at Six – Jan 14, 2010 – Vending Machine Experiment