A few interesting retail based articles from over the holiday season:
- In order to foil counterfeiters with even more banknote technology, researchers are looking at adding electronic circuitry to bank notes.
- I find the multiple to single queues found in banks and some retail stores to be my favourite, but not everyone sees it. Consider why it seems you always pick the wrong line.
- MIT students design a simple but effective gadget to assist wheelchair shoppers.
- Researchers at Cornell have put together a 3D food printer. This could change food distribution for QSRs restaurants of all sorts in the future
- While not overtly a retail technology, this iteration of the Cooper Mini App and its car integration certainly sets the stage for increasing integration between vehicles and retailers. Adding in the element of gaming to compare yourself with other drivers is a fascinating element as well.