- Foodstream – Proximity based food deals
- Whole Foods tries out Digby with their mobile app.
- Valpack launches an Augmented Reality App to allow users to see deals based on their location via the camera phone.
- ThinkNear helps retailers pull customers to stores off peak hours with time sensitive deals.
- Code Computerlove put together what appears to be a Kinect hack to allow customers to browse through a store’s inventory with gestures.
As always, PSFK has lots of useful information coming in their Future of Retail Report – be sure to check it out.
- Check out the recyclable pizza box from well documented NY store Eataly that is recyclable even though it has had pizza grease on it. The intrepid pizza box collector gets to the Eataly box at about 2.30 of the video if you can’t wait.
via The Splendid Table:
- I spend a lot of time in grocery stores, and you tend to think everything is the same the world over. Here is a fun article from a world traveler that visits grocery stores everywhere he visits – documenting the unique ideas and different products he encounters.
- NYC is recruiting customer snitches to identify retailers that might be overcharging at the POS versus posted prices. Snitches can identify wrongdoers via twitter or Facebook.
- …and marketers rejoiced. Facebook provides an option for users to identify themselves as pregnant.
- Digital Signage is everywhere, but have you seen the massive American Eagle digital sign in Times Square? Check out some interesting uses of that sign.